Thursday, November 20, 2008

Planning My Freedom

Buzz It


I have never really had plans for my life. One of my reasons to keep studying was to procrastinate the big decision making: what I really want to do in my life. And when I finished my studies, I still didn’t know what I wanted to become, so I just accepted whatever job, possibility came to my way. By now, I’ve become the artist of driftage.

In the last book I read there was a quotation that touched me: “If you don’t have plan for your life, somebody else does!” This is a scary statement, isn’t it? And it’s also true. I’ve been lucky in my life in many aspects, especially in this one: I’ve always had faith in myself (since my College Years), that whatever comes to my life, wherever I go and whatever I do, it will be good for me. I believed in this – and it just happened like this. But it’s time to change things; it’s high time to take control over my life.



One of the main reasons I haven’t had plans for my future was that I was afraid of losing my freedom. But I had to realize two things:

  1. Plans are not carved into stones – I’m free to change them whenever it’s needed.
  2. Having no plans isn’t freedom. I have freedom, when I am the one who makes choices – but in the last few years, it wasn’t me, it was (my) destiny that chose ways for me to follow.

Now it’s my turn to make choices, make plans for myself and to determine my destiny. And it’s easy. In order to make the right plans, I just need to find the answer for one simple question: What I truly want to do in my life? ;)

Tweet It! Facebook

2 comments:

bAtu said...

I've heard/read something like "Take control of your destiny, otherwise it will control you", which is somewhat similar to your (Jack Welches') quote.

I agree with both. And I think it's high time you answer your last question. :D

Attila said...

I found the answer: I just want to have a "good life". Now, I just need to interpret my answer... ;)