Saturday, April 11, 2009

Godfathers

Buzz It
.

It turned out that the Mozambican people have 2 Godfathers. The first one is the same what we have in Europe too (whom we got when we were christened). But they can choose a 'new' Godfather when they get married. The biggest role of this new Godfather is to advise the new couple at their marriage - so when the couple has some problem what they cannot solve between each others, instead of going to a marriage consultant, they expect wise words from the new Godfather...

I wonder if anybody has ever made a comparison between the African and Europen 'marriage advisory system' that which one can save more marriages. I would place a bet fn the African one! ;)


Tweet It! Facebook

3 comments:

Rihards Briģis said...

Nope! I stay with the European version - dont want to involve enyone in my dirty loundry :lol:

Attila said...

That's the point, that's why the African system would work better (in my theory): this would motivate you much better.
A marriage consultant - you just pay for him/her and you don't feel the pressure to work on the solution. But if you're scared to share your 'laundry' with people you know - you would definitely work on the solution with your spouse to clean your laundry ASAP - and to keep it clean! ;)

bAtu said...

I think the African version would work better for me for the reason you mentioned and since I don't believe in marriage consultants.