Sunday, April 5, 2009

Praia de Bilene

Buzz It
.

I've been here for almost 2 months so it's high time to check out some Mozambican beaches - afterall Mozambique is famous about its beautiful beaches. The first we checked out was Praia de Bilene - about 200km away from Maputo to the North. We had to leave early in the morning by bus - but I couldn't complain: the first bus I took here in Mozambique which was not overcrowded and it even had TV and very good (and almost too loud) speakers:

'Little' Speakers


Our way to the beach was pretty comfortable and smooth. However the landscape couldn't keep my attention - the local transport could show me some incredible solutions. Can you find a black goat on this picture? (Click on the pic to enlarge it)

Where is the Goat?


When we arrived, we found a nice tropical beach - which wasn't overcrowded at all. It was a Saturday morning and there were only around 20 people on the beach. And this amount of people seems to be an average - since there were only 2 restaurants on this beach.

Praia de Bilene


This beach wasn't directly open to the ocean so unfortunately there were no big waves here...

Praia de Bilene


Maybe I'm biased for our Hungarian Lake Balaton, but I prefer our 'grassy-beaches' to these tropical 'sand-beaches'. However I could easily enjoy this one too! ;)

Almost like in Goa...


Tweet It! Facebook

2 comments:

bAtu said...

Speaking of Goa, I think it's only your laptop what is missing from the picture.

Attila said...

Yeah... :)
I didn't miss it on the beach - I have to use it here much more than I expected... :(

Btw, have you found the goat on the picture in this post? (click on it to enlarge) ;)