Monday, March 1, 2010

What's Next?

Buzz It
.

It's such a wonderful feeling, when you can put into practice what you learn, isn't it?! You realize how knowledge can manifest itself.

When my mind steps out of the present moment and moves to the future, then it sometimes starts questioning my goals: Whether will I ever achieve it? I don't like this, so I've learned to ask myself better quality questions, eg.: What can I do now to make one step toward my goal(s)?

To make this process even easier and to avoid getting distracted, I started to recall what I learned about project management during my college years. Well, don't think anything complicated, I just checked out 1 page on Wikipedia about the PERT network chart: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pert_chart


PERT Network Chart

Well, this model is not very popular in business any more, because it can become very large and unwieldy; but for what I need, it's just perfect:
- I can list my milestones and indicate the relationships between them
- I can focus only my very next task(s) without getting distracted by the rest of the process
- (So far, I skipped the time estimation from my chart to keep it simple)

I learned about subdividing goals into manageable pieces about a year ago, but I haven't tried it yet (maybe because I haven't had big enough goals until now? :) ). It took me 1 year to put into practice - and now I see how effective it is!!! Every milestone I achieve makes me feel that I'm going to the right direction, I'm getting closer to my goal! ...and I'm constantly wondering: What's next? ;)


Tweet It! Facebook

No comments: