Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Vicious Circles

Buzz It
.

This week I started my trainee-ship in a residential care home where I work with elderly people. When I looked around in a nice lady's room I had to notice how gorgeous beauty she used to be a half of a century ago... And now, an elderly fragile lady sits in front of me, who is facing with physical & mental challenges.

I started to think again - I just can't stop thinking. :) How many times we stop doing exercises for some reasons (or rather, excuses?) and it results us either gaining weight or lack of energy. And the less we train our muscles the harder is to restart our workouts. We say to ourselves that we are tired or we can't exercise - while working out would be the very thing that could free us from tiredness, give us more energy and build up our muscles...

I wonder if it works the same with the mind: From our adventurous childhood we go more and more toward a secured life, avoiding risks... Until we reach a point when we realize:

If we always do what we've always done, we will get what we always got.

Then, we stop and we ask: Is that it? Is that all what life is about?

But isn't it too late by then? Will we still have the courage to take any risk to make some changes, to do something differently?

Vicious Circle


Tweet It! Facebook

No comments: