Wednesday, March 11, 2009

An Annoying Challenge :)

Buzz It
.

This post is only for computer geeks:

I installed a new Windows XP on another DI’s laptop. It turned out that she had the following problem with her keyboard & touchpad:

When she shuts down her laptop (Start Menu / Turn Off Computer / Shut Down) then the keyboard doesn’t work at all, and the touchpad doesn’t work properly either when she restarts it. However a connected mouse works properly.


BUT! If we shut the laptop down in the following "not to nice way":

We take the battery out and unplug it, then, in the next restart both the touchpad & keyboard work properly!!!

Some additional info:
- it was like this before and after I reinstalled the Windows XP
- I have installed the latest touchpad driver too
- It’s an ACER Travelmate 4021 WLMi laptop

Since there is way to make both the keyboard & touchpad properly, I think it’s not a hardware problem. So a solution should exist for this problem – and it annoys me that I cannot find it. If you have any idea, please let me know! Thx! ;)


Tweet It! Facebook

1 comment:

bAtu said...

Tell her to use 'Hibernate' instead of 'Shutdown'. If it works, she can use it as a temporary solution.