Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cris’s Fairy Tale

Buzz It
.

There is a Brazilian DI girl here, Cris – with whom we teach others: I help her to learn English, she helps me out in my Portuguese. One afternoon when I came back from work, she asked me a favor. She asked me to translate one of her homeworks.
Indeed, it wasn't a homework from her homework; she made it up: it was a fairy tale written for me.

It took me some time & effort to crack her English, but it was worth when I understood her message:

We can easily remember things which are emotionally charged, which can be pictured, which are beautiful. Things what are abstract, what are related to studying or (office) working will hardly become our memories (and part of us). That’s why we need to often stop, to look around what surrounds us, to enjoy the beautiful things in our life and to spend time with the people we like – preferably as an outdoor activity...

FEELING is more important, than KNOWING.


Tweet It! Facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is why I love Brasil and the people living there..the way of feeling is one of the best I`v ever met...janek