Monday, February 23, 2009

The Computer of CEB

Buzz It
.

On the very first day the local boss, Cesar made me responsible for the computer of the center. This is a computer only for preparing reports and storing the pictures we take - we don't have internet there. It started with a few error message, so I was asked to get rid of them. Deleting some "half-installed", useless programs helped a lot to get rid of some of the error messages. :)

Cesar told me, that one of the previous DIs was good at making files disappeared and asked me not to do the same. Of course on the following day, by chance, I made a few hundred files hidden (including my boss's personal folder), and the "unhide" button did nothing. I was so happy about it and I couldn't wait to go home and check out the internet for some solutions... Of course I found it and I managed it work on the next day.

On Friday I decided to make this computer a little bit faster, so I switched off a few unnecessary services in the Administrative Tools. Well, it seemed I switched off some necessary ones too, because after restarting, I got nothing but a clean desktop (without icons and without a START menu, without having access to the control panel)... And I was so happy, when I tried to restart with the "last known good configuration" - I got the same blank desktop... It took me around 3 hours to fix this problem I caused for myself...

I've told nothing to my boss about these (yet), but I talked to Rapson. I told him that I fixed some of the small errors on the computer, but I caused more bigger ones here - which took lots of time to correct. And what did he answer to me?

"Don't worry, it's normal here. It's very normal."


So I'm not worried any more... =)

. Tweet It! Facebook

No comments: