Friday, February 13, 2009

My New Home

Buzz It

This small DI campus called Savana is very nice. It's in Machava, in a suburb district of the capital of Mozambique. There are 4 houses, 3 are with bedrooms and shower, while the last has the kitchen and a big common hall & internet router.

Savana

I got a room on my own. Well, this is only half true. All the DIs who are coming to Mozambican projects or going home stop here in Machava for a few days to manage the paperworks for their travellings. In these days they fill up our free places - including my extra bed too. But most of my time I spend it in the common hall, I spend only a few hours sleeping in my room, so I don't really mind it. :) Each house has a bathroom. We have running water, we even have hot water - but I don't know why: the "cold" water is also like 22-24 C degree, so I've never used the hot water so far. We also have a made who does the cleaning in the house and does our laundry twice a week.

The mosquito danger is not as bad here as I expected - or the mosquitos prefer the others to me. :) At least I can't complain. If I live alone in my room, and I pay attention to my door having always closed, I don't even use the mosquito net for the nights.

I was happy to see that the internet is much better than I expected. I only miss the wireless from here, but I'll try to ask for it :) (but as I've learnt, the cheapest one costs double price here than in Europe).

So far I'm very satisfied with my environment here! ;)



So far I'm the only DI guy here, all the other DIs (5-6) are girls (mostly Brazilians, very-very nice ones). I'm very ok with this situation. :) We also have 2 Cameroon guys doing the camp future here, they also spend the nights with us - they're very cool! ;)

For food, I can do my daily shopping on the street - for a good price. I'm getting around USD120-130 pocket money / month from the ADPP which seems to be more than enough to cover my monthly food expenses.


Tweet It! Facebook

2 comments:

Dori Lakner said...

Attila shal I send you our old Wifi form Dronten :) I think now you could make good use of it!! I love to read your stories just go on!! And have fun

Orsi said...

Hmmm, this place looks like as a little campus :) What is your house number? :):) I wish you really nice and useful time there!!! Let's enyoj that beautiful environment!! :) Kiss-kiss