Friday, February 6, 2009

Day 4

Buzz It



Ready for Day 4

The last day has come. The 3rd day was glorious sliding down with the kids - I expected the same from the last day. I felt to be ready to show my new skills to Ole and Leivur- on the black piste. So I decided to take this one with them - for the first time:

The Black Piste

Of course I fell down a lots of times on the black one for the first time - what else could you expect? After all I'm not a miracle-guy! :) But at least I tried this one too. ;)

With my Teachers: Ole & Stefan

In the afternoon we left Branäs. Driving home, I recalled my new memories I got here. I had a wonderful time here, daytime snowboarding with the kids, in the evening meeting them in the huts, drinking tea and having chats - and finishing the day with sauna. I can't say how much I enjoyed.

I thought over the advices given in the first day, and yes in the 4th day I understood them. Yes, it was much more fun (and easier) to snowboard when I didn't "want" to control, when I took it easy, when I just let the snowboard slide under me. In the end, I didn't feel that my feet were locked - not at all: I felt that the snowboard under me was part of my body.

And yes, snowboarding is all about balancing. But life is the same, isn't it? When you have the right emotional, physical and work/ family life balance, your life is just sliding smoothly, it's easy, you work with the forces of the Universum and not against them. Isn't it like that?
And when you don't have the balance in your life - well...

I wanted to completely relax mentally during these days, (what I did but) still I realized something about me and about how life works...


And I will miss these kids in Africa, for sure...


Tweet It! Facebook

No comments: